Dermaplaning is a skin treatment process used to remove Vellus Hair, often known as “peach fuzz”. The process includes the use of a tool called a dermatome, sometimes referred to as a Scalpel Tool.
The manual process is applied to the entire face in a safe and comfortable environment.
Benefits of Dermaplaning include:
- Manual Exfoliation for improved skin appearance and health
- Removal of surface debris through the custom dermaplaning blade
- Removal of Vellus Hair (peach fuzz)
- Helps to soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Eases hyperpigmentation or uneven skin tone
- Helps improve the appearance of acne scars
- Increases the absorption of topical products
- Helps prime the skin for Chemical Peels and other procedures
- Creates a healthier, more radiant appearance
The dermaplaning process does not make the hair grow back thicker.
Some of the basic risks and side effects include red, swollen skin from the scraping, and some patients mention slight soreness following the procedure.
This service isn’t recommended for those who suffer from Acne, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Eczema, or Sunburn.